There has been a lot of rumors about our little church and I would like to address a few of them right now…. (I say this tongue in cheek).
1. Yes, we are in a tent, but not because we are having a revival; It is because we are out of room!
2. Yes, we are in a tent, but no, we are not passing snakes up and down the aisle (I almost choked on my sandwich when I heard that one)!
3. Yes, we are a “come as you are” church. I preach in jeans, and we are pretty laid back. Although we follow the word of God to a ‘T.”
4. Yes, I was raised Catholic, but I went to a Southern Baptist Seminary. The result is a church that does not teach philosophies or traditions of men. We just teach the Bible, plain and simple!
5. We are teaching a first century model of a church. In other words, we teach how church was done by the disciples and early church starts before Catholicism, reformed thinking, and denominations ever began. Just Christianity; nothing more.
6. I am not perfect, nor is anyone else in our church. None of us walk on water. The Bible says we have fallen short of the glory of God. I have a son who is serving time in the WBR Detention Center. If you make poor choices, you will always have consequences to go along with them. You are forgiven, but you still need to take the consequences, and move on.
7. We are not a cult. People think because of how fast we are growing that we must be passing around some special Kool-aid. Nope. Just teaching people to accept people and love people exactly the way they are that is the secret to our success nothing more than that.
8. Yes we are building a new building! We are excited, and we have ministries for everyone and for all ages.
9. Yes I preach a little differently. When I was growing up I was not raised in a churchy home environment. As an adult I wanted to know the “whys” behind what the Bible said. So now I teach like that. I teach the “whys” behind everything we learn so you will know the “whys.” So you can give your kids a good honest answer.
Here is this church in a nut-shell: God first, your family and friends second, and then you. If you keep those things in that order God will honor your leadership. 1 Samuel 2:30 says “He that honors Me I will honor…” Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6
“The church” is not a building, it’s the people who have a relationship and belong to the Lord, this is who Jesus called “the church.”