In a lopsided vote in favor of the West Baton Rouge School Board, WBR residents decided during the April 6, 2013 election that the board earned the right to maintain a 15-mil property tax that has been in place for 10 years.
Port Allen Mayor Demetric “Deedy” Slaughter said she was “blindsided” by a state-contracted fire truck, a 2013 Chevrolet Tahoe, for the Port Allen Fire Department and refused to sign a check
Louisiana Legislative Auditor Daryl G. Purpera said Tuesday that his office has begun an audit into Port Allen Mayor Demetric “Deedy” Slaughter’s administration.
The West Baton Rouge Parish Council has introduced an ordinance to merge the last of the parish water districts, Water District 2 in Brusly, with the parish utilities department.
- Team walks through Port Allen during journey from Atlanta, Ga., to Guatemala
- P.A. Fire Chief accepted into prestigious Master’s program
- School Board moves to action on security issues
- Corona: tax renewal very important to schools
- Local dentist opens his office, and his heart, for a day of free dental care