The West Baton Rouge Shelter and Animal Control began emergency operations on Thursday, March 19, following an executive order by Parish President Riley “PeeWee” Berthelot and recommendations from the CDC, Governor’s Office and National Animal Care and Control Association.
Please note the following changes:
● The animal control main office will be closed to the public during business hours.
● All stray intake is reduced to emergency situations only.
● Animal control officer response to low priority / non-emergency calls is suspended. Animal control officers will continue to respond to emergency situations, bite cases, sick or injured animals, and cases where the life of the public or an animal is in danger.
● All owner surrenders of animals are suspended.
● Adoptions will be by appointment only.
● All walk-ins and tours of adoptable animals are suspended.
● No volunteers will be allowed at the shelter until further notice.
If you have questions, would like to adopt an animal, or think your animal may be impounded, call the main office at 225-336-2428.